Sunday, August 31, 2008

Work & Play

The first week at work is done! Thank goodness. It started off pretty hard for me. Stephanie is still here with me... she takes me to work every morning. She always says, "Is there anything I can do for you today?" and I always say, "Can you pack us back up today - so we can go home?" She assures me that she can have the car ready to head back to NC by 4:00 :)

The first day was very unorganized and that stressed me out. Day 2... was a little better. Day 3... better. Day 4 ... I was back in the lab. Day 5... I got to get back on my bike. Day 5 was the BEST day.

I'm sure that it will get better as time goes by. I am TOTALLY dreading the day that Stephanie heads back to NC (Sept. 6). For now, we are having a wonderful time. We've already met some really nice people. We've had 2 awesome rides in Colorado. So, FOR NOW, life is good.






4 comments:

mom of brothers said...

Good to hear you are alive and well and there!!! Don't worry about work- don't pass any judgements until you have been there 6 months- after all- any job would be hard after being on a break, and after moving, and having to adjust to a new place. Can definitely identify with the temptation to pack it up and head back and the "oh X#$%&* moments of what I have I done?". The pictures are gorgeous- just think "I'm a mountain girl and this is good for my karma...." Stephanie looks gorgeous there- the high altitude does her good- not so bad yourself :). Thinking about you every day!!! How soon until the first snowfall- did you buy your season ski pass yet???

lcable said...

Evidently the snow will be here in November :) I haven't bought my ski pass yet. I thought I'd better wait for the "oh X#$%t moment of what have I done" pass before I invest any more of my money in Colorado :)

Trish and Miller said...

I can't believe you are in CO. I was in Denver on Tuesday.

lcable said...

WHAT? You MUST call me next time! I'm expecting to see you this winter for skiing SOMETIME. I can't believe I'm in Colorado either. However, I wake up every morning and stare at the Rocky Mountains and wonder why it's not hot & humid in September ;)