Fun Prison
I feel like I'm serving time in Fun Prison. I am here ... but oh my goodness... I am SO HERE by MYSELF. The mountains and bike trails and fishing... are SO wonderful... but I am here by myself. I am trying (against all of my natural born instincts) to reach out to new people. I have met some very nice people. I have met some very weird people. I have met some very dirty people. I went to a dinner party the other night ... immediately AFTER I finished mountain biking... in post-ride clothes... shorts/tshirt/socks/Chacos(tacos). I was so stinky and dirty... I was almost embarrassed to show up at these people's house. However, I was shocked to find the hosts dirtier than myself. Evidently, dirt/stench/sweat just indicates an awesome day in Colorado. It has taken some getting used to. For sundry reasons, I mountain biked twice this weekend ... on two separate days... before showering. I felt like a real local :)
Fly fishing was cool. I hired a guide to take me fishing since I've never fly fished before. I am still amazed that you can fish in town. We fished in Estes Park. Seriously, there was a Putt Putt course up my ass while I was fetching trout out of a cold snow-fed mountain stream. Insane. I imagined fishing secret little water holes up in the RMNP... but ended up fishing across the street from a Mexican Restaurant. I caught several trout... then went for a mountain bike ride... then went to a party with people I don't know... then came home alone to my little apartment. Fun prison. Understand now?
I wish I could transport all of my family & friends & loved ones here with me in this little slice of heaven. It would be perfect.
4 comments:
Glad to see some things never change no matter where you are fishing...:)
I guess size doesn't matter, just the journey...!
Hang in there....everything will work out that is meant to be...
I want to be in fun prison. :) I miss you and feel like at least your not in HELL where we are... Hot, HUMID and not "fun" without you. Did I say that i missed you? It is just not the same around these parts without you!!
:( :(
You pictures are GREAT!!!! I loved that you went fly fishing. You are doing so well meeting new people. I LOVE it and cannot wait to get back out to see you!!
Did i say i missed you???? I MISS YOU!!!!!!!!!
You express yourself so well, Lou. I feel like I am right there with you......and the pics are fantastic!
I think Colorado is getting used to you. What do you think?
Carol C
Carol... I think it's time Colorado got used to you! Come see me :)
Post a Comment