Monday, March 17, 2008

Dropped



I'm back
I'm back in the saddle again
I'm back
I'm back in the saddle again

Ridin' into town alone
By the light of the moon
I'm looking for ol Sukie Jones
She crazy horse saloon
Barkeep gimme a drink
That's when she caught my eye
She turned to give me a wink
That make a grown man cry

(Chorus)

Come easy, go easy
All right until the rising sun
I'm calling all the shots tonight
I'm like a loaded gun
Peelin' off my boots and chaps
I'm saddle sore
Four bits gets you time in the racks
I scream for more
Fools' gold out of their mines
The girls are soaking wet
Not tounge's drier than mine
I'll come when I get back

I'm back in the saddle again
I'm back
I'm back in the saddle again
I'm riding, I'm loading up my pistol
I'm riding, I really got a fistful
I'm riding, I'm shining up my saddle
I'm riding, this snake is gonna rattle

(Chorus)

Ridin' high
Ridin' high
Ridin' high already


I'm back on my bike. I rode 4 out of 7 days last week. Rode today. Starting to feel better on my bike.

I showed up for the Cycling Spoken Here group ride last week. Usually "group" means 20+ riders for a shop ride... I thought I could nestle down in the middle of the pack and cruise. Oh no. Only me and 5 dudes showed up. It never occurred to me that they would TRY to drop me. They TRIED to drop me at the 3 mile mark. WTF? I hung on for dear life... wishing like hell I had my July-legs... however, I have March-legs and they suck ass. We were averaging 22 mph (20 miles into the ride) when we hit Tody Goodwin Rd (I HATE that road) and I finally fell off at the 24 mile mark (along with 2 of the 5 dudes). Dropped. That was the first time I got dropped on a road ride. I was prepared to be left behind. Some people fear being dropped. It wasn't bad.

The work situation is really stressing me out. They started laying off upper-management people last week. Working their way down to the little people. Morale at work is terrible. These next few months are going to drag by... I spend a lot of time thinking about Plan B. I'm taking suggestions :)

2 comments:

Joey Hansen said...

I'd take your March legs over my legs any day of the year! :-) I bet you impressed the you-know-what out of those dudes.

mom of brothers said...

Plan B: You can move into our guest room, be a "barista" at the Coffee-Tea bar or become a trainer for the "plastic moms" who will pay you a fortune and join the California biking life. After all you already have the vocabulary down, "dude."! I bet the three dudes who didn't drop started slacking as soon as they rounded out of site... On the workfront- I know you are stressed-thinking of you!!