GlaxoSmithKline is announcing major structural changes tomorrow. I have 7 meetings in the next 3 days!
Wednesday
11:00 - Discussing New Titles for Clinical Pharmacology and Discovery Medicine (CPDM)
12:00 - Department Meeting (to discuss new titles)
Thursday
10:00 - Announcing the New GSK Organization
11:00 - Q & A Regarding the New Organization
12:30 - Metabolic Vice President Addresses R & D Scientists
Friday
10:45 - Town Hall Meeting with Senior Vice President Drug Discovery
12:00 - Q & A Meeting with CPDM SVP
WHAT THIS MEANS...
GSK is currently taking it in the ass over one of our diabetes drugs (Avandia... publication in 2007 linked this drug to increased risk of heart attack ). SO... GSK is taking money/FTEs away from obesity/diabetes therapeutic areas and focusing all effort into oncology/neurosciences. Rumor has it that Cardiovascular and Metabolic Diseases are merging under one umbrella... and Metabolic is being transferred to Philadelphia. My lab provides scientific support for the Metabolic CEDD.
WHAT THAT MEANS...
I'm probably either going to
a. Be offered a position in the Metabolic Biomarker Lab in Philadelphia
b. Be offered a severance package due to overlap (there's a CV biomarker lab in Philly)
WHAT THAT MEANS...
I'm probably losing my job tomorrow.
How many times have you heard me make that statement verbatim? I should set up a poll :) It drives me F'n crazy! Whose idea was it for me to go to Big Pharma?
ANYWAY ...
think about me the next couple of days.
I'll keep you posted.
No comments:
Post a Comment