Wednesday, March 5, 2008

The Calm Before The Storm

Today's meetings were just to mentally prepare us for tomorrow's announcements. No lie. Basically... the Big Dudes said that the changes are monumental and there will be job losses. They said that they weren't permitted to tell us what they know... but didn't want us to "flip our shit" when it all rolls out in the morning. Rumor has it that GSK is reducing R&D Metabolic & CV by 40%. Everybody will be forced to re-apply/re-interview for their positions. It's still not clear if my lab will be impacted by this decision.

STRESS. STRESS. STRESS.

I've been having anxiety attacks all day today :(

I left work early ... managed to get in a short road ride with Stephanie this evening... that seemed to settle me a little bit.

I'll post up the MONUMENTAL ANNOUNCEMENTS tomorrow.

1 comment:

joyful said...

I will be thinking about you tomorrow...