Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Rivalry Week

Duke women's basketball isn't the same anymore. It just feels wrong! Sure... we still parked 5 miles away from the gym and walked 20 minutes in the rain to get to the game. We bought tickets from the crazy lady scalper that hits on everybody. We even successfully scurried past the guards on the floor and managed to get center court amongst the Crazies. The chanting between the fans was clever as always...

DUKE "Go to hell Carolina ... Go to hell!"
UNC "We're here."
DUKE "Go to hell Carolina... Go to hell!"
UNC "We're here."



















It felt like classic Carolina/Duke basketball... but it wasn't. Basically, two things were missisng Monday. The Sunshine Suit and The Sunshine.

I thought I was ready for Duke basketball ... minus Coach G ... but I realize I'm not. I am still sad. It absolutely breaks my heart to watch the staff parade into Cameron now. I feel like something special was stolen from Duke. Texas robbed Duke. It was a beautiful love affair gone tragically wrong. Coach G was heart broken by missed opportunities... championships slipped through her fingertips. Texas KNEW she was vulnerable and they took advantage of the situation. I like to think it's not too late for things to work out for Duke & Gail. I see Gail smiling and LOOKING happy ... but the saying is "money can't buy happiness"... and I believe in that saying. I don't think she's happy. The honey-moon phase is over between her & Texas and I think she's realizing she made a big mistake... burnt orange is not her color.

Stephanie (shameless Carolina fan) said immediately after the game, "If I cussed I'd text you - 'It's bad when you get an A.S.S.whooping in your own house'". I agree with her. It is bad. It's going to be even worse tonight at the Dean Dome :)

NCAAW
Carolina 93
Duke 76

1 comment:

Joey Hansen said...

Not sure what all that "honeymoon phase is over" crap is about.... I'm thinking Coach G is saying "what took me so long to get to Texas????" :-)