I decided to make the most of it and just enjoy the day for what it was. I cruised. All day. In the sun. I paid $40 and demoed skis.
- Armada TSTs (165 cm)
- Armada TSTs (172 cm)
- Armada VJJs (165 cm)
- Rossignol S3 (168 cm)
I've been struggling between my carving ski vs. my powder ski. I brought a Rossignaol S110 with me to Utah because I WANT to ride a powder ski ... because I WANT POW ... but there's never powder... and that wide, rockered ski surfs. Surfing cruisers at high speed is not smart. Carving requires 100- underfoot ... surfing requires 100+ underfoot. What to do? Want to ride the cruisers ... drop into that surprise garden of powder???? The TSTs were okaaaaaay on the cruisers. Okaaaaaaaay on the powder. Too much chatter for me on the packed powder. Supposedly, the VJJs (vuh-jay-jay ... yes, that's right) makes a "pat-pat" noise when landing in the deepness. Fair enough - there was no "deepness" today ... don't ride it in 4 day old powder on groomers. It sucks. Stick to the "deepness". The winner today was the Rossignol S3 skis ... oh my ;) LOVEly. Responsive. Want to turn? Step on it and wham! Want to float? Skis together ... squat and ...
Powder is a dream come true. A child’s dream of flying: weightless, free from the nagging tug of gravity, floating through space. Skiing powder snow is a fantasy barely becoming a reality, a slow-motion fantasy of effortless, graceful movement through an equally fantastic setting—mountains never look more magical than they do under a foot of new snow. Powder and passion go together; for skiers they are virtual synonyms.
They say say ignorance is bliss ... because once you know ... you can't go back.
Today was sun and cruisers. I lived in the moment. We loved Alta today (pronounce it AL-ta (like the man Al) rather than AHL-ta). I would be head over heels in love ... in the powder. Oh, and did I mention... no snowboarders? ;) ... sorry Carrie :) and Lori :) and Christin :) ... feel free to hate ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment