Monday, August 2, 2010

Lookin At Lucky

1.  Lookin At Lucky (foaled May 27, 2007 in Kentucky) is an American Thoroughbred racehorse and winner of the 2010 Preakness Stakes.
or
2.  Lookin At Lucky (foaled January 18, 1972 in North Carolina) is a very happy young lady counting her many blessings these days.

I saw/fell in love with the name "Lookin at Lucky" back in May during the Kentucky Derby ... when my life wasn't really going as planned.  I decided then and there - WHEN my luck turns around ... I'm going to use that as a Blog Title.  Well, here it is.  You are looking at lucky.

So many great things happened in July.  I thank God frequently for blessing me beyond what I deserve.  I struggled through many months of not being happy in my career.  Subsequently, it felt like everything around me was all wrong.  I was definitely "in the hole".  Most days I tried to talk myself into believing that there was a light at the end of the tunnel.  I understand that all life ebbs and flows.  It just seemed like if it could go wrong, it did go wrong in my world.  My spirits rose and fell like tidal waves.  Then - BOOM!  Little things starting going right again and I knew my stars were lining up again.  I have always felt like I'm walking a well laid path and I'm reminded often that it's certainly true.

JULY
14erWorld
I LOVE climbing 14ers.  There's just something about it that thrills my soul.  In the month of July I summited three peaks (Handies Peak, Wetterhorn Peak, Torreys Peak).  I went well out of my personal comfort zone to summit Wetterhorn and Torreys.  Each experience is spiritual in it's own way.  It's weird and hard to explain ... but it's a special feeling.
Torreys Peak/Kelso Ridge Route/Class 3 (14er #8)



Family Vacation
My family came to Colorado.  WOW.  I think about that time and realize how lucky I am.  We had so much fun together.  I love spending time with all of them.  I have so many memories that make me laugh and smile.  

Airports, Cheyenne, driving, Estes Park, YMCA, rain, bacon-eggs-biscuits, puzzles, Rocky Mountain National Park, marMOTs, graupel, 37 degrees in July, "you ain't too happy that this is not going good" - XG, foosball, ping pong, rain, gardening gloves, constipation, ELK, driving, "but it IS WINTER" - XG, rain, pronghorn antelope, Salida, a scary fast breathing animal in the dark night, deer, magnet rocks, "captus", trout fishing, Uno, Mutton Bustin', Who Let the Cows Out?, Moma wearing ski gloves and toboggan at the rodeo, "BETTER YET, I'll put you a real nice trailer with wheels on top of that mountain you love" - XG, Cottonwood Lake, rain, picnic at the Whitewater Park, putt-putt, Moma's spaghetti, Backgammon, whitewater rafting, mountain goats, driving AGAIN, rain, Arvada, home, Atlanta overnight, back to NC ... that about sums it up. :)

Alpine Visitor's Center (RMNP)



YMCA - Estes Park

Xander (loving the gardening gloves)



Salida, Colorado



- Crystal



Salida, CO (14ers in the Background)



Jody & Daddy



Xander (Mutton Bustin')
Buena Vista, Colorado



Collegiate Peaks Stampede Rodeo
Buena Vista, Colorado



Cowboy from NC



Salida, Colorado



Arkansas River
The Numbers
Class IV/V


Array BioPharma
HomeLogo420x130.jpg




Written in February 2008 ... while still living in NC
The Flatirons/Boulder

"I finally visited Boulder and I fell in love with it. There's a small pharmaceutical company called Array Biopharma there. Every time something rocks my world ... I say "I'm $%*#X##F moving to Colorado and working at Array". You know you've heard me say it.. probably sick of hearing it. In my heart, I THINK it's exactly what I NEED TO DO. However, I'm always afraid I'll miss my family and friends... and I never actually take steps to move."

I fell in love with that company years ago.  I left GSK ... moved to Colorado ... worked at Gilead (met an angel there) ... was unemployed for a month ... worked at the University of Colorado for 5 months and VOILA - I am now working at Array BioPharma ... and happier than I have been at work since leaving Oncology at GSK in 2005.  I love the science and I love the people and of course - I love Boulder.  My path has detours - but no doubt - there's a destination.  I'm thankful for that.

I can't say it often ... but I will say it for now.

Lookin At Lucky :)










3 comments:

Your Baby Sister said...

I loved our time we spent together! Thank you soooo much for everything! The whole trip all-in-all, really was like child birth. Flight gets cancelled: labor pains. Spending the night in the Atlanta Airport, and 36 hrs. to get back to NC: Full, blown out LABOR! After all has been said and done though, I have memories that I will cherish for a lifetime!
I miss you soooo much, but I love you even more!

lcable said...

They always say the second child labor is easier :) You will definitely have to come back. It's been so long since we got to spend time like that together. It makes me miss all of you BAD though. I have lots of memories that make me laugh out loud. I never get tired of playing with Xander. He a makes my heart giggle.

Well CRAP Crystal!!!!!!!!! You just made me miss you more!

I love you & miss you BUNCHES!

Joey Hansen said...

I love this! What a blessing to be in your dream job, in your dream city, and to have your family see it all too!

I encourage you to see these blessings for exactly what they are: there is a God who loves you so deeply, and He knows exactly what will please you and He loves to give good gifts. His timing is always impeccable and His blessing are always, always good. Praise Him! Love you Lou.