Saturday, August 23, 2008

The Journey AND The Destination

WE MADE IT!

Diane Smitherman always says, "It's all about the journey... not the destination." For me ... it's the journey AND the destination.

I want to write so much... but I am SO tired. Words really can't capture how I feel about being in Colorado.

Stephanie and I made it to Colorado yesterday (left Apex NC on Monday). We had an absolutely FANTASTIC time driving out here. I never DREAMED that I would enjoy the journey... but I did... and I'm ALREADY enjoying the destination.

Day 1 - Apex to Marion. Stayed with my parents.
Day 2 - Marion to Memphis. Stayed with Stephanie's sister Renee.
Day 3 - Memphis to Branson, Missouri. Stayed at Big Cedar Lodge.
Day 4 - Branson to Salina, Kansas.
Day 5 - Salina to Longmont, Colorado.
Day 6 - Longmont to Estes Park, Colorado.

I love it here. It's absolutely beautiful. We're staying in a cabin at the YMCA in Estes Park tonight. Heading up to the Rocky Mountain National Park tomorrow.

I'll write more when I'm not so exhausted.


Big Cedar Lodge/Branson, Missouri



Not in Kansas Anymore



YMCA - Estes Park, Colorado


"Where are YOU from?" ... if we had a dollar for every time we heard that one ... we'd be rich :) Apparently Stephanie and I have Southern accents :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am glad you girls made it to your destination safe and sound. I do want to hear more about the bear..!

Lou...good luck on your first day and I hope it is everything you are looking for.

Diane....on her own journey..:)