Thursday, June 9, 2011

Colorado's Triple Bypass




The color red gives me anxiety.  I think I finally figured out why.

Googling images for "Triple Bypass" sent me to a link for "The 20 Hardest Endurance Races of the World".  WORLD.  The Tour de France was 7th on the list and The Triple Bypass was 17.  I read somewhere that 90% of the riders are men.  I heard from a person at the top of Squaw Pass that it was a blizzard for the 2008 Triple and people suffered from hypothermia.  Hmmmmmmmmm.  I should probably be outside riding my bike, huh ... instead of blathering on a blog.  As a matter of fact, I should PROBABLY use my bike as my only mode of transportation until ride day.  I did my first century ride this past weekend.  103 miles actually.  I thought it was a hundred mile ride and I wanted to just pull off the road at 100 and collapse on the sidewalk.  I was done.  There was probably only 2000 feet of climbing that day (for reference ... TB = 11,000' ... ORAMM = 10,000').  My first century ride was flat as a bumpy pancake and it still hurt (hurts ;).  Time to get serious!  I'm serious.  I'm so serious I'm going to ride my bike on my lunch break tomorrow.  

One month from TODAY.

Triple Bypass
Bucket List
Stretch Goal
7/9/11

http://www.audiofuel.org/our/files/category-ultra-marathons.php

No comments: