Thursday, March 3, 2011

Poetry in Motion

It's March and I'm mourning winter ... silly because I love summer just as much.  AND, I don't suppose we can go straight from February to June here in Colorado - but it sure would be nice.

I have had some seriously, deliriously, powderifically special days this year on the slopes.  Skiing in the powder lifts my inner child to the surface and for that moment ... I am simply my hyper-alert Superself floating magically on piles of fluff ... ripping, yipping and whooping (OUT loud).  If I stop for a second, I can always hear other people scattered through the forest ... their voices filled with the same silly joy.  It sounds ridiculous and hard to understand ... but it definitely puts an infectious smile in my heart and an Oh So Good feeling in my soul.  

KaPow.




Lori DeBardelaben 
Breckenridge, CO

Karen Stanley
Breckenridge, CO

Deb Duran
Breckenridge, CO

Breckenridge, CO

Dawn Raab
Vail, CO

Dawn Raab
Vail, CO

Deb Duran
Steamboat, CO

Steamboat, CO

Strawberry Park
Steamboat, CO


Strawberry Park
Steamboat, CO

Steamboat Resort, CO


Roger Dellinger
Steamboat, CO


Powder Monkey. A mining term referring to someone who handles explosives. Virtually every highway crew and railroad maintenance crew in the state has one of these. Powder monkeys are often used to set explosives to break up large rocks that fall on rights-of-way--the job called "popping." "Call into town and get a powder monkey to come out here and pop this rock" OR ... well, you know.


No comments: