Falling in love ... over and over.
How much can somebody love where they live? This state amazes me. Crested Butte is absolutely beautiful. This weekend was a "Dirt Diva" weekend. We had a small group this year, but sometimes that can actually be easier and better.
We camped in the middle of no-where ... the new Honda Pilot went camping ... she got filthy ... she crossed streams ... she did some light 4x4ing ... and she's only 5 days old today!


The cows ... there were cows everywhere where we camped ... cow herds! They weren't fenced off. They were in the road ... in the streams ... in the woods. I kept thinking ... what a cool spot for a Chick-Fil-A commercial. They OWNED the place. We were awoken this morning at 6:45 A.M. by a big head pushing/sniffing down the entire length of the tent. I thought it was a bear - FOR SURE - then there through the back window I see a BIG cow ass walking by ... she scared me to death! (Dear Lord, I'm afraid of Colorado cows now ... bears, mountain lions ... and COWS). These cows didn't "moo" either ... they sort of "grooannned" ... kind of scary - seriously.

The mountain biking was STELLAR. I'm thinking the 401 Trail is officially my 2nd favorite trail in Colorado (behind the Monarch Crest trail). The weather was PERFECT.



The road biking was sweet too. We biked from Crested Butte toward Gunnison. It was absolutely gorgeous.
Post-ride picnic was pretty sweet too!
(grapes/mozarella/pistachios/prosciutto/crackers/nan/cold Smirnoff Ice/Oreos/Milk ... cradled by Crested Butte's loving arms ... while getting smiled on by the warm sunshine)
4 comments:
Did everyone make the trip that was planning to on Friday?
I am impressed with your new ride. Looks like she can swim...:)
Only 4 days old and swimming already! :) I wasn't exactly happy about it either ... but when we rolled into town late Friday night our tent was already pitched on the other side of that stream for us. A drunk Lori DeBardelaben convinced me that my car would be just fine. I actually thought to myself, "Diane wouldn't give a damn if she had to drive a brand new truck through a creek. She'd be happy about it" ... yeah, happy ... I'm happy about it damn it!
Everybody made the trip.
Oh you know me well.....:) You should always find out the limitations right off the bat.....and also..."It's only a thing"
Love the new ride. Looks like you had fun.
Post a Comment