Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Aimer et Paris

Paris Trip Report

Thursday was a bad day.
- I was leaving for Paris. Airport. Missing my all-hands/fire your ass/industry/merger/bullshit meeting ... getting updates from my BFF Jennifer Sandoval ... finally it's all revealed ... no job ... after December 31. OUCH. OKAY... okay ... Joe Cool enters the scene. Deal with this when I get back. Focus on the fact that I'm GOING TO FRANCE. The plan ... Plane to Philly. Plane to Paris. Vacation. However, flight is delayed. Delayed again. Delayed again. Delayed again. 10:00A.M. flight leaves at 1:00P.M. Plane lands in Philly at 6:50P.M. Missed connection to Paris by mere minutes. Stuck in Philly over night. No luggage. No future employment. No Deb. I cried. Big FAT Crocodile Tears. Took the Stinking Butt Hole-Scented Shuttle to the Stinking Cheap Sketchy Hotel in Nasty Ass Section of Philadelphia. Managed to fall asleep.

Mentally/Emotionally/Physically exhausted.

(*sorry - no pictures of the emotional trauma)

Friday was a good day.
- Get up. Eat breakfast. Go to the airport. Leave for Paris.

(*sorry - no pictures of me trudging through this day)

Saturday was a GREAT day.
- Luggage makes it (thanks to Jen's prayers). Deb and Lionel greet me with open arms... and WE'RE off.

Breakfast at home. Lunch in Paris. Sight seeing. Dinner in Paris. Bar hopping. Awake for day break.









Sunday was a fantastic day.
-Eiffel Tower. Spent the day with Deb, Lionel, Max and Marie. Dinner at home. Concert.















Monday was another fantastic day.
- The Louvre. Lunch in Paris. Dinner in Paris.















EVERY DAY in Paris ... involved Nutella, bread, cheese, wine, Helmut Fritz - ça m'énerve, Lily Allen and the word SORTIE.

Tuesday was a travel day.
- Back to USA.

Back to reality.

Ouch.

Big Fat Crocodile Tears.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is that Rosario next to you?

lcable said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
lcable said...

It is Rosario! (Back when she was younger, taller and hotter).

Cindylou said...

I love being able to see things from around the world that I will never be able to experience. This is a wonderful blog. I enjoy seeing thing the world through your eyes. Thanks !!!!

lcable said...

Cindy - Any time you want to experience Colorado ... you come on out!

Deb said...

Hey there Lou, Deb and Jess here, I was cleaning out some email and came across your blog, wanted to see if you where keeping it up and if you added Paris!!! yes loved it there.. you looked very happy and comfortable there too. hate we missed each other by a few days. Take Care, Hope we can visit some time. Deb and Jess

lcable said...

Would have been TOO COOL to see you guys in Paris! I was very happy there. Wish I could have seen you two! You should plan a trip out to Colorado sometime soon. It's NOT Paris of course ... but we will have a great time - I promise!