Saturday, December 13, 2008

The Secret



It has been passed down through the ages, highly coveted, hidden, lost, stolen, and bought for vast sums of money.



I had dinner with a good friend of mine and she gave me a copy of The Secret. Now, honestly, I am normally not a fan of books that can be added to The Stack of Happy ... Susan loves and collects them ... I won't even read the first page :) BUT I decided to be nice and give this some of my time & energy ... and I have actually gotten something out of this book.

First of all... I thought there was A secret ... but there isn't. This is just a collection of modern-day teachers ideas about the power of positive thinking.

You can see the law of attraction everywhere. You draw everything to yourself. The people, the job, the circumstances, the health, the wealth, the debt, the joy, the car that you drive, the community that you're in. And you've drawn them all to you like a magnet. What you think about you bring about. Your whole life is a manifestation of the thoughts that go on in your head.
- Lisa Nichols, The Secret

I am so blessed. I recognize that more and more each day of my life.

I am so thankful for my friends, my job, my circumstances, my health, my wealth, my joys, my car and my community. Evidently, I am a powerful magnet and I am attracting good things into my life ;) Supposedly, you have 60,000 thoughts a day .... what are you thinking about? What are you attracting?

"One doesn't discover new lands without consenting to lose sight of the shore for a very long time."
- Andre Gide (1869 - 1951)

1 comment:

Joey Hansen said...

A friend gave me that book a few years ago and I haven't brought myself to read it yet. Maybe I will... (in all my spare time these days!). Love you, girl.