I ride my bike, I roller skate don't drive no car.
Don't go too fast but I go pretty far.
For somebody who don't drive I've been all around the world.
Some people say I've done alright for a girl.
We had a FANTASTIC day today. Really. I was happy today. Truly happy. No worries. Nothing on my mind.
We started at Stephanie's house. Rode the Conewago Trail (basically like the American Tobacco Trail) to Mt. Gretna (like a super-miniature Asheville) and hit some fantastic singletrack. We climbed to the top of the ridge to the Governor Dick Observation Tower (how would you like to be called "Governor Dick")... ANYWAY.... it was SUPERcool at the top. We kinda-sort-of got lost in there but ended up meeting Alisa (21 yr old Mt. Gretna local... adventure racer). She showed up around the trails. We ended up riding 20 miles today. Met Stephanie's folks at the bottom of the trail system for dinner (with plans to ride back home... spoiled by dark & rain)... had some killer wings & quesadillas :) I like Pennsylvania. A lot.
3 comments:
When are you two coming home to play?
You didn't tell me you went to Mt. Gretna- how perfect!!!! I don't know about Gov Dick point but did you come across the Jigger Shop??? I used to go there when I was a kid and our family wanted to get away for an afternoon in the "mountains." My parents still go occasionally I think that it is still there. I remember they had the best black raspberry icecream and they would put a pretzel in if you got it in a dish and a sourball in the bottom if you got it in a cone. Of course- maybe not the kind of diet for a hardcore biking nut, but great for when you want to kick back and "chill." If you missed it this time, look for it next.
Glad to see you happy!
ACTUALLY... the Jigger Shop is still there :) It's one of Stephanie's favorite spots :) Unfortunately, we didn't make it there during our long stay in PA, but I have been there before. I love it too.
Post a Comment