There's got to be such a thing as Blogger Block ... induced by rain and job uncertainty.
Okay... let's see ...
Work Update
We actually know some actual dates... GSK is taking applications for the new Metabolic Pathways CEDD positions starting May 5 and will announce selections on June 9. That gives me approximately 10 weeks to drive myself crazy. I feel sorry for the people that have to see me/hear me/love me on a daily basis between now and then.
Bike Update
I've been riding more. I still suck though. Do I always suck like this? Is abnormal high wind associated with Global Warming? That would explain a decrease in my average solo speed ... right? Good news - I led a shop ride for Cycling Spoken Here this past week. That was a real treat for me.
Misc. Crap
I'm considering doing a 24 hour bike solo (The Burn) in May. It just crossed my mind this evening. I think I should do it. I keep asking for people to ride with me and nobody is interested. What is worse? Sprint a lap at full blast/sit on my ass eating Snickers for 2 hours/sprint/eat/repeat ... or just do my own thing for 24 hours. Eat Snickers bars and ride whenever I feel like it :) We'll see.
I'm playing the guitar. I should say I HAVE a guitar in my possession that my sweet Daddy gave me about a month ago and I'm TRYING to learn how to play it. I suck. I play a Sugarland song every day (Stay) ... I play it EVERY DAY ... and it's just pitiful. Jennifer Nettles won't be calling me anytime soon :)
Stephanie and I made hamballs this week for dinner one night. What's a hamball you ask? That's a good question.
I'm cheering for Stanford to win the Women's Div I basketball championship. I love Candace Wiggins.
I'm cheering for Duke to take the Men's National Championship... I mean Davidson... I mean Carolina ;)
That's all I've got for tonight. It's still raining. I am still constantly thinking about job crap. I still have Blogger Block.
1 comment:
Boy- do you sound down in the dumps! I hope the wind has calmed down now and you are feeling better. I have been thinking- maybe what you need is a friendly crowd to bike with for a good cause (did you see the recent study about how good you feel when you give to others?)- I think you should consider signing up for the Amgen Arthritis Tour- an 8 day cycling trek along the California Coast. I'm sure you can get alot of sponsors (all those athletic friends with aches and pains) and you can have some fun. Who knows- maybe the networking would give you some interesting prospects too. Check it out:
http://www.californiacoastclassic.org/about.html
Post a Comment